SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-1 Online Exam has begun from today, i.e., 2nd March 2020 and will last till 11th March 2020. The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam is being conducted every year for the recruitment of posts like Inspector/ Sub-Inspector, Auditor, Accountant / Junior Accountant, Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division Clerks, Tax Assistant, Upper Division Clerk (UDC), Assistant Section Officer, Junior Statistical Officer, etc.
Get SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-1 Important Topics
In this article, we are going to share the detailed Exam Analysis of SSC CGL Tier-1 2019-20 Exam conducted online on 2nd March 2020. Let’s first look at the Exam Pattern of SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-1 Online Exam.
|SSC CGL Tier-1 (CBE) 2019-20 Subject-wise Exam Analysis|
|Exam Date||Quantitative Aptitude||General Intelligence & Reasoning||General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension|
2nd March 2020
|Difficulty level of the questions ranged from easy to moderate. Try to attempt all the easy questions first to achieve accuracy and high score.||Puzzles and series questions are quite easy and are taking less time in solving. Some questions were tricky like coding-decoding. Do not get stuck in these questions and attempt rest of the questions with ease.||Practice previous year paper for GK Section as the questions are being taken from past year SSC CGL Exam. Current Affairs questions are from sports, Important Days & Theme and Recent Appointments||Synonyms, Antonyms, Spelling Test and Cloze Test questions are quite easy to attempt. Use rule of elimination for the words which are tough to understand. Avoid making guess work.|
SSC CGL Tier-1 (CBE) 2019-20 Exam Analysis – 2nd March 2020
SSC CGL Tier-1 2019-20 Computer Based Exam (CBE) consisted of total 100 questions for 200 marks in the Objective MCQ Format. Questions asked in the exam were of ‘easy to moderate’ level in different subjects. Also, there was negative marking of 0.5 marks for wrong answers. So let’s take a look at the questions asked in this SSC CGL Tier-1 (CBE) 2019-20 Exam held on 2nd March 2020:
Get SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Updates
|SSC CGL Tier-I 2019-20 Online Exam Analysis held on 2nd March 2020 (Shift-1)|
(Number of Questions/Marks)
|Quantitative Aptitude (25/50)||Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, Trigonometry
Practice SSC CGL Mock Tests
(17 to 20)
|English Language and Comprehension
|Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Antonyms, Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One Word Substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Sentence Rearrangement, Cloze Passage, Reading Comprehension
Practice SSC CGL 2019 Previous Year Paper with Answers
|Easy to Moderate
(18 to 20)
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Analogies, Classification, Analogy, Coding-Decoding, Puzzle, Matrix, Word Formation, Venn Diagram, Direction and Distance, Blood Relations, Series, Non-Verbal Reasoning (Paper-folding, Mirror Image)
Practice SSC CGL Previous Year Papers
|Easy to Moderate
(20 to 22)
|Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity, Awards, Indian Constitution, and Scientific research etc.
Get Important General Awareness Questions
|Easy to Moderate
(18 to 20)
|Total 100 Objective MCQs||Easy to Moderate
(70 to 80)
Click here to know the Complete SSC CGL Syllabus 2020: Tier I, II, III and IV with Exam Pattern
Highlights of SSC CGL Tier-1 (CBE) 2019-20 Exam
- The paper was conducted in Online Mode across different cities.
- All the questions were compulsory and were in Objective Type MCQ Format.
- Each question was of 2 marks.
- All the sections were in English and Hindi Language except English Language and Comprehension section.
- There was negative marking of 0.5 Marks for wrong answers.
- SSC will decide the minimum qualifying marks of the online exam through normalization method.
- It is compulsory to carry Admit Card with affixed Photograph on it and Original ID proof alongwith its photocopy as well.
- Candidates were not allowed to leave the examination hall/room before the test was concluded.
Get SSC CGL 2019-20 Study Material for Free
Important Points to Remember after SSC CGL Tier-I (CBE) 2019-20 Exam
- SSC CGL Tier-II: This Exam is an objective exam which will be conducted online. The exam comprises of four Papers – Quantitative Abilities, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance & Economics). Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all posts. Paper-III will be for only those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/Paper. Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV, i.e., for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Get SSC 2020-21 Exam Calendar
- SSC CGL Tier-III: This Exam is a descriptive paper which will be taken offline via pen and paper mode. In this exam, candidates’ language proficiency, grammar knowledge, vocabulary usage and writing skills will be tested in English/Hindi.
- SSC CGL Tier-IV: This exam comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts and document verification procedure: DEST (Data Entry Speed Test), CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) and Document Verification
Get SSC 2020 Result Calendar
The above analysis will help you to assess your rank among the thousands of candidates, who have appeared for the SSC CGL Tier-I 2019-20 Online Exam held on 2nd March 2020.